Terms and Conditions
1. The use of this internet site is subject to the following general conditions. These are rules that have to apply between you as a user of the platform and Connect at the moment that you approach the platform of Connect (the 'platform' or the 'internet site') and / or use of the information offered on the platform. The user's own general conditions do not apply. We therefore ask you to read these terms and conditions carefully. We wish you much pleasure in using the platform.
What does Connect do?
2. Connect offers a platform of connections between and information about all service providers ('service providers' or 'third parties') that you need when buying, (re) financing or insuring your home or other durable consumer goods. As a result, you can literally go through a process with a 'one-shop' experience that would otherwise cost you much more time and effort. Moreover, thanks to Connect you have an overview of the market of service providers that you need on Curaçao for the purchase, (re) financing or settlement of your home or durable consumer goods. The applicable keywords are: transparency, overview, connection, convenience and speed.
3. The use of the platform and access to the offered information and offered services is free of charge. This does not preclude the formation of agreements between the user and third parties for which the platform has been wholly or partially intermediary, for which these third parties owe a fee to Connect. Insofar as this compensation is passed on to the user in full or in part by these third parties, it declares that it agrees without reservation.
4. These general terms and conditions can be adjusted by Connect in whole or in part and at any time desired by Connect. Such an adjustment shall be announced within a reasonable period of time and apply within a reasonable period after the announcement between Connect and the user of the platform. For each use after this announced reasonable period, the new conditions are deemed to be applicable. That is why it is advisable to regularly take note of the conditions and any changes to them.
Competent court in disputes
5. In the event that one or more of these general terms and conditions will not be declared applicable by the competent court, the other conditions will remain in effect. The law of Curaçao is applicable on this internet site. In disputes, regardless of or from which country this internet site is approached, only the Court of First Instance of the Common Court of Justice of Curaçao, Sint Maarten and St. Eustatius and Saba is authorized.
6. These terms and conditions are also available in Dutch. In case of possible (interpretation) differences, the Dutch text prevails.
Questions and contact
7. If you have questions or comments about these general conditions or about Connect, you can direct them to Connect via e-mail (email@example.com). You can also contact Connect in writing (by courier or regular mail) at the address Fokkerweg 171, Willemstad, Curaçao. If desired, we can send you these general terms and conditions in writing.
No liability from Connect
8. The information displayed, and the services and goods offered through the platform can never be interpreted as an offer and / or advice from or on behalf of Connect. The user is at all times solely responsible and liable for any legal consequences with whom, however, that occurs as a result of or in connection with the use of the platform. Every decision based on (the information offered on) the platform is at the risk and responsibility of the user. Neither Connect nor its directors, supervisors, contractors or employees can be held liable for any damage whatsoever that a user suffers or will suffer directly or indirectly through the use of, or as a result of information on the platform.
No guarantees or fees
9. Connect cannot and does not guarantee that the use of the internet site will be faultless and error free and uninterrupted. Neither is Connect also liable for viruses, etc. as a result of uploads by third parties.
10. The (hyper) links that Connect displays on the platform, regardless of whether services, products or (other) services are offered by third parties, can never be interpreted as recommendation or advice from or through Connect. The use of these (hyper) links is entirely at the risk and responsibility of the user. Connect is in no way responsible for the correctness, reliability, reasonableness, completeness or veracity of the information displayed on or via the platform or which is used by the user on or via the platform.
11. Connect is in no way a party to an agreement that has arisen between a user and a third party on or following a visit to the internet site. All disputes between users and these third parties must be resolved or settled between the user and the third parties without any intervention or mediation or involvement.
12. Insofar as any taxes, fees or other costs or charges are payable by users and / or third parties as a result of agreements between users and third parties, these can never be charged to Connect and indemnifies the user Connect for the payment of such costs.
13. Connect has no influence on the conditions that apply after clicking through the platform to third party websites such as via a banner or hyperlink. Connect can therefore never be held responsible or liable for any resulting legal consequences, any more than for whether or not the third parties respect the privacy rights of the user in the correct manner.
Intellectual property rights
14. All information accessible on or via the platform is subject to intellectual property rights such as but not limited to copyrights, trademark rights and patents of Connect and others. The user is not permitted to download, copy, publish, reproduce or distribute information without the prior written consent of Connect and / or other relevant copyright holders of these rights. Nor is it permitted to offer links to this website without the prior written consent of Connect.
16. Connect uses so-called cookies. These are small text files that are placed on your computer, laptop or tablet and that help the platform and thus help you to use it faster and more efficiently. By using the platform, the user agrees to place cookies.